Depending on the style, anime hair can be very complex. Anime hair is what makes anime and manga characters unique and beautiful.
The books we listed here break down this complex process into the simplest little steps and make it easier for you to draw beautiful and astonishing hair with ease.
Best Books to Learn How to Draw Anime and Manga Hair Step by Step
- Faces & Hair: The Pocket Reference to Drawing Manga (Mini Manga)
- How to Draw Anime Perfect Hair
- How to Draw Hairstyles for Manga
1. Faces & Hair: The Pocket Reference to Drawing Manga (Mini Manga)
This handy, pocket-sized book will teach you how to draw Manga faces and hairstyles. The tilt of the nose and the radiance of the smile can make or break the success of a Manga character; master this, and hair too, and you are well on your way to drawing fantastic Manga.
Mini Manga pocket size book highlight the important components of the head, this pocket guide details how to create the trademark large, expressive eyes and crazy, colorful coifs of manga characters.
There are step-by-step instructions as well as numerous examples to copy, and used alongside the other titles in the Mini Manga series, this book will help you to succeed with this exciting genre of Japanese comic-book art.
2. How to Draw Anime Perfect Hair
This book will teach you how to draw various manga hair styles: straight hair, wavy hair, with pigtails and short hair. The author also explains the method it is based on, so that you can draw your own anime hairstyles from scratch.
See Our Other Best Pick of Manga Drawing Books:
- Books to Learn How to Draw Anime & Manga Characters
- Best Books to Learn How to Draw Anime Clothes [Boys + Girls]
- Books to Learn How to Draw Manga / Anime Eyes
- Best Books to Learn How to Draw Manga Faces
- Best Books to Learn How to Draw Anime and Manga Poses
3. How to Draw Hairstyles for Manga
From bed head to battle hair, the way you style your manga character’s hair can make or break their look. In this guide, discover hundreds of styles to transform your sketches into amazing illustrations.
With step-by-step guidance and hundreds of sample illustrations, this is your must-have guide to drawing hairstyles for your manga characters.
How to Draw Hairstyles for Manga includes:
- Detailed information on how hair influences characters and scenes, how it grows and moves, common male and female hairstyles, and more!
- Step-by-step instructions for sectioning and drawing hair to achieve more realistic looks. Plus, learn tips and tricks for taking styles up a notch.
- 600+ illustrations showing hundreds of hairstyles from multiple angles. From French braids and ponytails to defying gravity with underwater looks and epic battle scene styles, this book has it all!
Do you want to learn to draw manga characters (both male and female) parts by parts and master every single body part of a character; check our best picks of manga drawing books category wise.