Want to draw mythical and monstrous characters to make your manga more interesting but don’t know where to start and which guide to follow then these are the best books to learn how to draw manga monsters.
Best Books to Learn How to Draw Manga Monsters
1. Manga for the Beginner Midnight Monsters: How to Draw Zombies, Vampires, and Other Delightfully Devious Characters of Japanese Comics
Using step-by-step instruction on how to draw Japanese manga and anime zombies, vampires, and monsters, best-selling author Christopher Hart teaches artists how they can create their own spooky manga characters.
With the occult running rampant in today’s television, movies, and other media, it’s no wonder that the scary, monstrous, and dark characters of manga have become so popular. From drawing monster eyes to goth boys, Manga for the Beginner Midnight Monsters teaches artists how to draw these creepy and mysterious characters that they just can’t get enough of.
Packed with expert tips on drawing:
- And so much more!
Explains and provides step-by-step instructions on how to draw manga-style terror and eeriness, covering scary faces, monsters, ghosts, spirits, devils, fantasy creatures, exorcists, and demon hunters.
See Our Other Best Pick of Manga Drawing Books:
- Best Manga Anatomy Books for Artists
- Best Manga Drawing Books That’ll Teach You Everything
- Books to Learn How to Draw Anime & Manga Characters
- Books to Learn How to Draw Anime/ Manga Dragons
- Best Books to Learn How to Draw Mecha
You will some of the most popular characters–ninjas, wizards, cyberpunk kids, space pirates, evil queens, mindless goons and more–all broken down into easy-to-follow steps, from pencil sketch to full-color renderings.
Throughout, you’ll find expert advice on rendering dynamic poses, expressions, weapons, clothing, cool modes of transportation and more. Hero or villain, chibi or giant, mecha or mega-cute…you’ll learn how to draw them all manga-style.
150 step-by-step demos make it easy to learn by doing!
- 30+ memorable superheroes and the villains that make their lives difficult
- 30+ terrific monsters–killer robots, zombies, mutant cyborgs, vampires and the like
- 30+ varieties of fantasy characters, including goblins, elves, witches and skeleton warriors
- Sidekicks, thugs and other supporting characters to round out your cast
- PLUS a whole chapter of wicked-cool martial arts moves for action-filled fight scenes!
Draw wizards, warriors, elves, knights, dragons, goblins and many more enchanted beings and creatures from faraway lands!
With over 60 step-by-step lessons plus countless tips and ideas for creating your own incredible fantasy characters and scenes, Manga Fantasy Madness shows you how to:
- Style and pose a variety of heroes and villains
- Draw details, from wings to weapons
- Invent lively settings and unique stories
Make your best fantasy drawings yet, and bring to life every merciless netherworld and majestic kingdom you can dream up!
Check our best picks of manga drawing books category wise.