How to Draw Anime compiled a list of best books to learn how to draw manga faces.
Face of a Manga/Anime character plays a vital role in the manga because it tells the audience about whose storyline they are going to follow. It’s the most fascinating and difficult part to draw in a character.
These books will help you to learn how to draw various types of manga /anime faces in the easiest possible way.
If you want to learn to draw manga characters (male/female) parts by parts and master every single body part of a character; check our best picks of manga drawing books category wise.
Best Books to Learn How to Draw Manga Faces
Sure, drawing faces is one of the most challenging aspects of manga. But Draw Manga Faces for Expressive Characters is here to help! This fantastically comprehensive book includes more than 900 sample illustrations that teach key elements for capturing facial expressions and emotions for manga characters.
You will Learn to draw:
- Basic characters, faces and expressions: boys and girls, men and women, from babies to teens, adults to elderly characters
- Specific character types: school girls, villains, sweethearts, heroes, gentle souls, go getters and more
- Positive expressions: relaxed, adoring, mischievous, confident and more
- Negative expressions: outraged, embarrassed, stressed, spiteful and more
With more than 900 sample illustrations, you’re well on your way to mastering the most expressive manga faces ever!
Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Faces is an excerpt from Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley.
True manga style is about more than big eyed characters, but Mark’s lessons ensure that you can get them right, whether the character is facing you straight on, at an angle, or in profile. With lessons on hair styles for boys and girls, and different expressions, you’ll get everything you need to know to begin drawing perfectly proportioned manga faces right away.
See Our Other Best Pick of Manga Drawing Books:
- Best Manga Anatomy Books for Artists
- Books to Learn How to Draw Manga / Anime Eyes
- Best Books to Learn How to Draw Anime and Manga Hair
- Books to Learn How to Draw Manga Hands and Feet
- Best Manga Drawing Books That’ll Teach You Everything
Stan Bendis Kutcher gives how-to instructions with step-by-step images on an epic scale on more than 190 pages.
The book is visually driven with over 500 illustrated, penciled, inked or colored images, whilst also maintaining a balance of written instruction. With over 37 characters, Manga style, technique as well as providing the finishing touch is a focus.
What’ll You Learn:
- Basic Face Proportions
- Manga Eyes in Detail
- Features & Expressions
- Old School Manga Faces
- Modern Manga Faces
- 4-Step Manga
- The difference between Anime, Manga and other illustrated art forms
- The importance of reflection
- The basic male & female face proportions
- The Traditional eye vs. The Manga eye & much more!